Renew Malaysia Passport in Singapore 2016



This is the first time I renewed my passport out of Malaysia,
so I went online and did some research before heading to the High commission of Malaysia.
After my own experience, i personally think that the online feedback was more accurate and easier to understand than the official website. Just for sharing

Require Document:
  • Original Passport
  • Original Malaysia I/C
  • Photocopy of Malaysia I/C
  • Original Singapore Work Pass/ S Pass/ E-Pass or any other official passes
  • Photocopy of Singapore Work Pass/ S Pass/ E-Pass or any other official passes

**They do have a photocopy machine inside the hall, however, to save time, it is recommended to prepare your own copy.




The easier way to reach the High Commission of Malaysia will be by bus. The bus stop is just a 2 min short walk away from the building and it is called Opp Valley Point Condominium (B13051), while the other way will be Valley Point Condominium (B13059). There are about 5 buses passing by the bus stop and it is 970, 14, 32, 65 and 139.



Also, I realize there are 2 High Commission in the area and ofcuz, I went to the wrong building. LOL. I did not think much and directly walk to Malaysian High Commission Residential Complex. . Wrong, so wrong and I spent 15min walking. HAHA. The accurate one is the one at the upper left. So do take note everyone (ง ´͈౪`͈)ว

Apart from the above documents, you will need to prepare another ID card to exchange for entrance pass. It could be any passes with your photo, such as driving license, library card and etc.
The security guard will pass you a paper and direct you to the main hall. If you have all the document ready, just fill up the form and proceed to counter 10 for queue number.



The queue number are open from 8:00am to 12pm only, so I thought by reaching at 11am I would have miss the peak hour. Obviously, I am wrong again.  my queue number is 1089 and the counter are proceeding with 1060? I got about 29 people ahead of me. (∩︵∩)

I waited 1 hour and 15 min for my turn, I went to counter 9 for last document check and payment. They don't accept Ringgit and on June 2016, the payment in Sing Dollars are SGD68. I passed her $70, the personnel just give me a look and told me " I don't have change, you go counter 4/5 to change it yourself". Okay, great....

Later on, I when to counter 8 for photo taking session. Some important information for my fellow friends, please do not wear colour contact lens! Ahhhh, I forget that our iris is also an important feature, just when he saw me wearing contact lenses, he asked me what colour am i wearing, I replied "Brown". Then he requested me to take it off. *thunder strike*
I tried to fight for my last surviving chance by telling him that my passport photo is B&W, yet he told me system will show in colour. I got not other way but taking it off.............. imagine my face when taking photo without lenses and glasses.  (▰︶︹︺▰)

I was given back one of my queue number tgt with my NRIC and informed me that I could collect my passport on the next day. That's fast! Even it was stated on the queue number/ official website that the collection time are between  from 2:30pm -4pm, however, I was told to collect between 1:30pm to 3pm.

Collection date:

Because it is Friday, the collection hour changed to 2pm-3pm, The procedure is much more easier, just exchage a pass with your queue number on top and wait for your number to be called. As usual, you will need to check your personal details and tadaaaa, you passport is yours. LOL



Comments

Unknown said…
Hihi,

Can I just confirm that the passport can collected on the same day?

Thanks.
Anonymous said…
Hi. Thanks for the useful info!! May I know if you had to pay for the passport-sized photo or was it a digital photo taken by the immigration officers like in Malaysia?
Janice C said…
Hello friends,
Sorry for my late reply.
Unlike the system in Malaysia, we can’t collect our passport on the same day in Singapore. It takes a few days.
We don’t have to pay for the photo, is was a digital photo taking session just like how it is in Malaysia.

However, things might be different now, would advise all to check on the latest requirement! Cheers :)
Anonymous said…
Hi Janice - Great blog and thanks for all the advice. Did all u mentioned and I was in and out of the place in 30 mins. Went at 7.55am was about 10 ppl at the door waiting for it to open. But cause I photocopied my MY IC and PR IC, I could go straight and was quite fast. Fees now for age 13-59 is S$66 (Guess it changes with currency exchange).

Thanks a lot!
Unknown said…
Hi there so those with ltvp also can apply at malaysia embassy singapore too? As i am a singaporean and my husband is malaysian. His pasport expire date is on 2023. So just need to know if its ok to renew as you mentioned it on ur blog. Regards n tx 🙂

Popular Posts